Habitat - Indoor :: At my whits end with this basking dock!

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:31 am   At my whits end with this basking dock!

Sigh. Okay yall, my RES is probably around a year old and is super super SIPER picky. She does not like change, like she throws tempter tantrums and is very stubborn. That being said I am about at my whit’s end with her basking area.

You see, from the time I got her there’s been a rock I’ve had and she has fallen in love with it, I guess it’s a comfort. Anyway, she won’t bask unless that rock is up there and turned on the right side (and it’s heavy)

This makes a huge problem, because floating docks are sunk by her and the rock’s weight, forcing us to have to build towers of rock and decor just so she can bask, and whenever we clean it they fall Apart and must be redone. And if we don’t have it a specific way she can get used to she WILL NOT USE IT.

Now, we’ve recently changed her basking area a bit to make it look better and maybe be more stable, but she’s refusing to use it. It’s driving me insane and idk what to do! (And btw I srsly doubt she will use an above tank basking dock as she wouldn’t before, though that one was HUGE) and I’d hate to spend money on something she will not use.

Any ideas?? She is just so cantankerous sometimes
ChildofGod12

Post Posted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:32 am   Re: At my whits end with this basking dock!

Also, most other ramp docks aren’t tall enough for my tank (a 20 gal) and will just be underwater. Any help would be appreciated.
ChildofGod12

Post Posted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:56 am   Re: At my whits end with this basking dock!

Do you have a picture of the tank? For reluctant baskers, usually what helps is to temporarily move your heat lamp closer to the ramp and lure her up there with food.
steve
Site Admin

Return to Habitat - Indoor