Page 1 of 1

my heater sucks

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:28 pm
by xsavingsaturdayx
i got a 5 dollar 50 watt water heater at petco...but its doing a lousy job in keeping the temps up. the highest temp it keeps my 15 gallon tank in is 78,and at night drops to 77 sometimes 76, and its turned all the way up.

its a "thermo aquarium heater"...

so i dont know, maybe im doing something wrong?
it has a knob at the top that you move clockwise from L(low) to H(high) ever since i got it its been all the way on H(high) and only keeps the tank at 78 degrees.

:cry:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:39 pm
by cam722
I think I had this kind before and you're right they SUCK. The temps are ok.. that little bit of a fluctuation isn't a big deal.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:44 pm
by xsavingsaturdayx
cam722 wrote:I think I had this kind before and you're right they SUCK. The temps are ok.. that little bit of a fluctuation isn't a big deal.


lol, yeah.
do you have a GOOD heater thats a bit inexpensive that you could probably recommend to me?

i got 30 dollars..

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:53 pm
by cam722
Well if you can order online, I'd suggest getting a stealth by Visitherm. In your local petstore they'd probably cost you like $30+ .. you can get them online for like $15. :)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:55 pm
by xsavingsaturdayx
oh awesome!

can you link me into a website that sells them?

please & thank you !

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:03 am
by flutterby

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:35 pm
by BullDog
Wow! I didn't know the stealth heaters are shatterproof! That would have been something to look into when I got a new heater last month :lol: Although Ralph has had a glass heater for 12 years, so I don't think it's a problem... But if I ever have a problem with it, I'll look into that!