Page 1 of 1

River and Chubbs today

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:40 pm
by RiverChubbs
Well here they are bigger and in the same 20 gal tank. There pond will not be done until June 07 I hope they will still be ok in here until then. I need a bigger basking platform since I know they are now both over 4" I can finally tell them apart to River has a more narrow shell and Chubbs still has a pretty circular shell (more rounded) . These are webcam pics so they are very blurry. I tried pulling the tank as close as possible but it is still hard to see where they are in the tank, by the pics....but if you look hard...

Image

Chubbs is on the platform here and River is swimming in the back

Image

Here they are both to the left, eating, but ya can't really see it

Image

They are basking on top of eachother here.

Image

Chubbs is basking and River is to the left.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:43 pm
by jenaero
Maybe you could toss them in a large rubbermaid tub for a few hours a day if you're feeling bad about the size of the tank?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:06 pm
by RiverChubbs
And should I just put the lights over that? Or don't worry about it for that time? My husband wanted me to get the 55gallon tank that comes with everything at walmart for cheap and I said "Id rather not spend that money if we are just spending money now to upgrade to a pond.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:45 pm
by jenaero
you could throw an oven rack on there and set the lamp on top of it and make a litte basking spot. If you were just gonna put them in a rubbermaid tup for a couple hours when you're home, they won't need a lamp if the room is warm enough.