AquaClear Filtration

Posted:
Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:58 am
by trex1260
I have a 30 gallon tank, looking to upgrade as turtle grows. Currently have a Duetto 90gph submersible (not the greatest filter, I know) and I was thinking of adding an AquaClear Power FIlter rated for 40 to 70 gallons to the duetto. Can anyone comment on this filter or recommend another for about the same cost? (50 dollars). I thought I remembered reading on this forum that an AquaClear was a good one. Thanks,
George

Posted:
Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:04 pm
by DaddySkittles
The aquaclear 110 would rock in a 30gal but I don't exactly know how much it would cost where you are from. But where I'm from its about $100. Any aquaclear brand would be good as long as it is rated from like 50-75gallons so you wouldn't have to do so much frequent water changes.

Posted:
Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:09 pm
by marisa
I've used an Aquaclear 70 (for up to 70 gallons) in a 20-gallon long, and am using an Aquaclear 110 (for up to 110 gallons) in a 40-gallon stock tank. Both have worked well, although I have modified both by adding plexiglass to the lips to quiet the sound and cut down on the turbulence as well as extending the intake to the bottom of the tank. If you plan to buy an Aquaclear, you should be able to get it for less than $50 at
www.bigalsonline.com

Posted:
Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:00 pm
by Cayte923
I use an AquaClear for my 30gallon tank and love it! I got mine from
www.thatpetplace.com which are really inexpensive. Goodluck!