Page 1 of 1

keepin dirt out of the water....

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:29 pm
by mackadocious
since installing an out of tank nesting area for my girls, i have had to change the water out MUCH more frequently due to all the dirt they're dragging back into the water....

anybody have any suggestions as to what to do to prevent this??......

thanks!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:05 pm
by jenaero
I actually thought about this not too long ago because eventually I'll have to have one too. I don't know how exactly to do it, but if you could somehow have a small pan of water between the tank and the nesting area, then she'll have to climb thru that and rinse off to get to the tank.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:12 pm
by iac637
why not try one of those shallow pans you can get from the reptile section of like Petsmart or other pet stores. Then you can place it right at the beginning of the ramp and it would be easier to clean out then the whole tank.