Habitat - Outdoor :: Basking

Ponds and other outdoor enclosures.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:25 am   Basking

It's far past the time of my Link basking but she still seems to want to bask - even though it's after 12am and I want to head to sleep. She seems so content in her late day basking I don't want to turn off her light - this is outside her norm... should I shut off the light and go to bed or let her soak up more heat? The change is my son is here for a visit and I haven't been able to give her all the normal attention I normally give.... so should I allow her or not? Link seems so happy and calm right now but it's past MY bedtime LOL
Rylanda

Post Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:16 am   Re: Basking

Turtle like people need there good sleep time. Heat / basking light on a timer 10-12 hr's is good, like day / night cycle. Works in nature , does work indoors to. And get your sleep !
Enjoy your son's visit , is he into Link or is it that time for girls's... enjoy it.
litefoot

Post Posted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:09 pm   Re: Basking

My son is almost 26, he has a cat in his apartment. He thinks I'm a silly Mom for keeping this abandoned (at my door) turtle but shrugs and says whatever makes me happy.
Rylanda

Post Posted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:37 pm   Re: Basking

If moving in with your son ,cats, are attracted to the warmth of the bulbs for Link. You may have to do something to keep the cat from burning itself.
Good son , whatever makes Mom happy.
litefoot

Post Posted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:44 pm   Re: Basking

Not moving with son so cat is safe. Will be me, hubby, 3 dogs (all small) and of course Link. Tank will be far out of reach for the dogs as will Link.
Rylanda

Return to Habitat - Outdoor