Feeding and Nutrition :: Discontinued my turtles food brand

Turtle diets and eating habits discussed here.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:00 pm   Discontinued my turtles food brand

Hi everybody! My name is Vicky and my turtle is Sparkle! I have had him for 20 years and he is a red-eared slider. He has been eating wardly brand floating Turtle sticks since I've had him. He never liked the reptilman brand so I stuck with wardley's. Well Worley discontinued his food and now he won't eat the rectomen. Any suggestions? I am desperate for help!
Jaspervicki

Post Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:58 pm   Re: Discontinued my turtles food brand

Hi Vicky and Sparkle! I've been using Mazuri as a staple: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OV0WIPA

My guess would be that Sparkle would eventually eat the Reptomin when he gets hungry enough. Both Mazuri and Omega One are very good brands.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:27 am   Re: Discontinued my turtles food brand

Funny how they get so particular. We have to buy 3 different brands, because each one of our kids will only eat a specific brand of turtle food. Spoiled much?
Longhorn

Post Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:13 pm   Re: Discontinued my turtles food brand

Have you tried mixing them together and see which ones they will only eat? Are yours kept together? Would be an interesting experiment :)
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 8:09 pm   Re: Discontinued my turtles food brand

Thank you everybody! Sparkle was pretty hungry today and he did eat some of the repto men. I will order some of the other brands in small quantities if possible and try them.
Jaspervicki

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:28 am   Re: Discontinued my turtles food brand

Two are together, the female cooter will eat anything, so she mostly gets Reptomin. The male RES will only eat Hikari wheat germ and the male YBS in another tank only eats Hakari Saki
Longhorn

Return to Feeding and Nutrition