Page 1 of 1

Zilla loves his Amazon Sword!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:37 pm
by Dillon
I picked up some amazon sword aquatic plant today at petco...

the SECOND it hit the water he was mowing it....Im SOOOO glad i found a green he likes!!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:48 pm
by marisa
That's great. My RES never cared for that plant when I tried it. He prefers anachris, duckweed, and water hyancinth for eating.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:04 pm
by Dillon
it makes me ecstatic...i couldnt get him to eat any veggies...IM SO HAPPY!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:09 pm
by marisa
If he likes Amazon Swords, I wonder if he'd nibble on a dandelion leaf (to me, a somewhat similar shape, with a narrow leaf, compared to lettuce). Dandelion greens are very good for him.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:12 pm
by Dillon
Great thought marisa ill have to try that !

Yeah he seems to be a more "natural" eater...

Fresh plants only...all the over the counter veggies I tried he seems to not even be interested in...and i mean everything!! I tried carrots, red and green peppers, lettuce, various kinds..And i even tried to starve him out and thought it was stubbornness...but he won..Got his f'en pellets...I swear they do things to spite you!

the only thing (veggie) so far i can get him to eat is Red leaf lettuce and thats only occasionally.

Im hoping to find some more aquatic plants he likes munching on for more variety if thats what he wants though.