Page 1 of 1
When can you start...

Posted:
Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:31 pm
by shleebaby
I'm new to having RES turtles. When can you start feeding RES's food other than pellets? (Like veggies & fruits?)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shlee
1" RES - Squirt
1.5" RES - Mojo

Posted:
Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:47 pm
by emma
You can start right now. Even though they might not eat them at first, you should always offer the veggies to them so they will have a choice. The first time I have my RES lettuce they loved it and they were only about 4 months old. It all depends on the turtle.

Posted:
Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:09 pm
by marisa
It's never too soon to start offering plant matter. It would be good to start with something they're apt to like, leafy greens (like red or green-leaf lettuce, romaine, etc.) or some anachris (aquatic plant).

Posted:
Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:13 pm
by mikee
She-baby - Feeding your turtles vegetables is a good fill in, but don't get off the pellets. I use Reptomin and they have a good balance of vitamins. They are a little short in calcium and I would put in a calcium block every other week or so. I also feed them frozen feeder fish. I buy them; freeze them in order to make sure there are no parasites in them.