Page 1 of 1

Zoo Med's can o' worms

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:45 pm
by zoologist
any one use these?

i was pleasantly surprised when i bought my first can. i was expecting them to be freeze died, hard, light and dry and just in general ICK.
however, they were plump and juicy. Humanely killed and gut loaded before they were killed.

needless to say, i like. a lot. and with a mealworm shortage in gainesville i will be buying these again, again and again.


just remember to refridgerate after opening, as there are no preservatives ;)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:34 pm
by raverqueenage
Have you seen the silk worms? They are good looking too. Little big and the skin really does feel silky to the touch. I think I will get a few cans of the worms for Nyx the leo gecko if we run low on the worms we order online.

I've been pretty happy with the Zoo Med's can o' whatevers. The large crickets are amazingly HUGE too. They stink though.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:35 pm
by PcBuilder14
I've never seen the can o' worms but I've only seen the can o' crickets.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:06 am
by danny123
my can o worms lasted one week because i didnt refrigerate it =[
i dont recommend it because it doesnt really last that long in the fridge either and you shouldn't really be feeding so much of it to your turtle because theyre high in protein.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:05 am
by Chrisbarnett
so your feeding these to Sonic(aka bug) ?

have you tried them with your boxie?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:16 am
by AllisonChains
I'm glad this was here. I was thinking of getting some for the new little one since he isn't eating much.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:10 pm
by Sk8gal
I bought the can o' crickets and the can o' mini size crickets.

My turties loved them :D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:20 pm
by xfueledbykatie
i get the can o worms and the can o shrimp :]

i give them one every two weeks or so.
my turtles love them mucho.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:59 pm
by zoologist
yes, i bought them to feed to Carolina. she's so small though that she cannot bite them :( however, she LOVES to try to eat them. Torti gets a small amount each week and the majority is going to Cloud. He's a little underweight, in my opinion, so i'm trying to fatten him up a tad.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:05 am
by imderanged
ohh I'll have to try those for my Leopard gecko!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:50 am
by Chrisbarnett
Hm, I fed brownie live wax worms the other day, she ate 6 in like 3 minutes. I wonder if she would eat the canned ones if they don't move? she does eat her veggies though, so she may attempt the mealies.