Page 1 of 1

Pellets

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:18 am
by Mom2RES
I just read in another part of this forum that you shouldn't feed your RES pellets everyday. Is that true? I've read the thread that is stickied and don't remember reading that. I have a little RES that is about 1 1/2 inches in shell length. "She" gets Reptomin baby pellets (the green ones that are smaller for little turtles) everyday. Some days I give her less pellets and throw in a ReptoTreat Suprema floating food stick that is "enhanced with krill". Once or twice a week I will give her dried shrimp (maybe 2 or 3 pieces). Sometime I will give her shreadded carrots. Is we have lettuce other than ice burg I will give her some of that. Anytime she gets something with the pellets I feed her less of them (3 or 4). So am I feeding her too many pellets. If that is all she gets in one day, she gets five of them. As far as I can tell that would be about the size of her head.

Re: Pellets

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:53 pm
by Love of Animals
At the 1.5 iinch size she should be fed pellets everyday. The amount that would fit in her head (not neck) if empty. When she his about 3 - 4 inches switch her to every other day.

Re: Pellets

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:11 pm
by steve
There's a page for it... http://redearslider.com/pellets.html

Re: Pellets

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:19 pm
by Mom2RES
Thanks. I got scared I was doing something wrong.