Feeding and Nutrition :: Turnip greens daily still?

Turtle diets and eating habits discussed here.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:29 pm   Turnip greens daily still?

Hello, love this forum. Very helpful. Made a nice DIY basking dock for my Timmy mentioned here, the PVC hanging one. Anyway, I’ve been feeding my res red leaf lettuce the spring and summer from a live plant that was growing in my window. Well it died, the plant that is. Tim was eating red leaf daily. I used the res website for nutrition and it said turnip greens daily. I bought a pretty good sized clump of turnip greens for 99 cents. Put a leaf in his tank, came back a couple minutes later, gone. So, I’m just making sure I can feed him daily turnip greens. Like I’m gonna feed him everyday until spring turnip greens.
beavissolid

Post Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:52 am   Re: Turnip greens daily still?

I have not used turnip greens but they should be safe. Just slowly introduce it and check the poop to make sure it's consistent.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:33 am   Re: Turnip greens daily still?

I have not tried turnip greens. I am getting some next week and will try them out. Thank you for this new information.
TheMikey

Post Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:41 pm   Re: Turnip greens daily still?

Update, So far so good with turnip greens. I don’t really see my turtle’s poop often.... but from the couple times I saw it, looked same as before I started the new food
beavissolid

Post Posted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:43 pm   Re: Turnip greens daily still?

Good to hear! I might give it a try since red leaf has been hard to get lately.
steve
Site Admin

Return to Feeding and Nutrition