Page 1 of 1

How often should I feed my RES guppies?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:13 am
by rawrbaby
I bought two 25 cent guppies from the pet store yesterday, and my turtle was going CRAZY after them! I think he finally got one, I'm not sure, but the other one is still there. How many should I give him at a time? He is about 1.4 -1.5 inches long. and how often should I give them to him? It's the happest I have ever seen him! He was having alot of fun chasing those fish around :)

I acctually filmed him swimming around with the fish. Don't mind me or my brother talking. lol. And the camera I used was really bad, so the water kinda looks cloudy, but it really isn't :)

http://s66.photobucket.com/albums/h254/ ... 022845.flv

Thanks for any comments :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:23 pm
by grey goose
I may give feeder fish once a month, if that. Also, when you buy them, look closely at the tank they are kept in. If it looks overcrowded or dirty, I'd pass on them, and look somewhere else.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:30 pm
by Kallistos
Some of the pet store fish will be infested with parasites or diseased. We all know how when we were 6 and brough that goldfish home and it died in 3 days...

Try feeding fish that are low if fat....Rosy reds are good. Stay away from goldfish, i'm not sure about guppies, they're probably pretty bony..

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:52 pm
by rawrbaby
awesome thanks everyone.
:)

anddd RESowner34, yea they do look bony, but I read on the feeding page that they were okay to eat. lol :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:19 pm
by rawrbaby
how many should I give my baby a month?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:00 pm
by cam722
I'd only put in a few.. half a dozen at the most.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:10 pm
by SpotsMama
Here's a link with info on feeder fish. If you haven't checked out the rest of the Nutrition section yet, you should take a look.

http://www.redearslider.com/prey.html