Equipment Review and Discussion :: Canister pump

Various accessories and equipment discussed here.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:38 am   Canister pump

So I have 2 canister pumps. I was wondering if this idea would work since my other set of tubing got ruined. Would I be able to like "connect" the canisters? By taking the outtake hose and running that to the intake of my other canister and then having the outtake of that canister going to the tank?
Menaxe793

Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:40 am   Re: Canister pump

Do you mean sort of chaining them together? It would put a lot of strain on the motor. Whats wrong with the hose? Most hoses can be easily replaced, I can find all sorts of sizes at the local hardware store and you only have to pay per foot.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:26 pm   Re: Canister pump

Yea so they not filter the water but only one intake and one for returning the water to the tank. They both have a motor so I didn't think it would affect either of the motors. The hoses for the one ended up getting cut wasn't paying attention and put a hole don't wanna tap or glue it. But wanted to run both for extra filtration. Its not really needed though because the tanks a 40 gallon and pump is 75 gallon with 264 gallons a hour
Menaxe793

Post Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:17 am   Re: Canister pump

How short is the hose? If it's under a standard stand, you might be able to raise the height of the filter a few inches.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:37 pm   Re: Canister pump

It might be safer to have the first pump pump into a "container" and have the second filter pump out that "container" and see that they actually pump at the same rate, they will likely differ even just due to the filter clarity slowing the rate down on the first filter. Your second filter will have a much easier to due to the first doing the most work.
Mikeysparents

Post Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2022 1:24 pm   Re: Canister pump

The principle of operation of the telescopic filter based on siphoning the aquarium water using either a valve, a strainer, or an intake tube. The water will then be pushed into a pressurized canister containing filter media and pumped the aquarium water back into the fish tank.
clarken

Return to Equipment Review and Discussion