Page 1 of 1

need some help

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:52 pm
by Hockeygirl21
hi everyone..i just bought a 30gal long for my turtles..i bought the whisper 60 filter but its soo loud..i was wondering if anyone had any other recomidations for a 30 gal. And one more question..what do you all recommend to buy to change the water with..i was gonna buy the python but i couldn't figure how to use it..and no one at the store knew..thanks in advance.:-)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:00 pm
by jenaero
not sure about the filter but the Python is super easy to use. Buy it and go home and read the manual that comes with it. I'm one of those girls that doesn't know a damn thing about stuff like that and even I can use it :-)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:39 pm
by Hockeygirl21
the thing is that there was no manual with it..thats why i didn't buy it...:-/i looked in the bag over and over but didn't see anything..

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:54 pm
by jenaero
really? That's odd. Go to a different store and see if the others are like that. I got a small manual with mine. Either way, if you've got a guy around somewhere, you could always get him to figure it out..I know that sounds terribly sexist but that's what I did. I got my husband to hook it up the first time so I'd know how to do it. He's just good with stuff like that and I'm just not

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:23 pm
by BigCT
The manual is rolled up inside of the main siphon. I just picked my 25 footer up at Wal-Mart for 29.99. It is real easy to use.
To empty:
Hook the green thing to the faucet.
Hook the hose to the green thing.
Turn bottom of green thing and pull down.
Stick the big round tube in the water.
Turn on faucet
Watch water magically sucked out of tank and down drain.
To Fill:
turn off water.
turn bottom of green thing so it goes up.
Turn on water.
Watch tank fill magically.

I have renamed it "Gods Gift to Turtle Tank Cleaning"

About the filter. I'm assuming by loud you mean the water splashing. You can either raise the water level (not always possible) or I've heard of people gluing a piece of Plexiglas or plastic the guides the water to the surface more gently.

Good luck! oh and go buy the Python, I put it off for 5 months and after one use I'm wondering why I didn't get it before.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:23 pm
by marisa
Is the Whisper filter a power filter? If so, you need to have the water level high, otherwise it will be quite noisy.