Equipment Review and Discussion :: I need Help! for my Baby Res!

Various accessories and equipment discussed here.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:11 am   I need Help! for my Baby Res!

I have my Baby Bob/Res Turtle. And i dont have enough money to buy him a Uvb/Uva Light Bulb! Can someone please send me one! I would appreciate it so much! Please and God bless you! P.s the bulb has to be 75Watts. :cry: :mrgreen:
Hatchling_Bob

Post Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:35 am   Re: I need Help! for my Baby Res!

I'm pretty much in the same boat. Forced to retire early , limited funds ! I am very independent , there's always a way to make something work when you truly want it. I went from a $60 a month cell phone bill to a $10 a month Consumer Cellular phone that does what's needed. That's an extra $600 a year right there. I gave up "one " soft drink a day , that's a savings of over $500 a year. I can make blood come out a dryed up turnip if I have to. Myself had to become very disciplined in what I need to what I want , it can be done. I went from just buying anything at any time to having to a budget. I have written out a budget and found a lot of waste , the trick is to stick to a budget and all will work out ! Works for me and still very happy! I have found it's more meaningful to give up something to get something I want , then that's just me.
litefoot

Post Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:40 am   Re: I need Help! for my Baby Res!

Uvb/Uva bulbs do not come in 75 Watts. The closest would be in the form of a MVB. Maybe you can get your turtle some sun and add a vitamin D3 fortified pellet.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:49 am   Re: I need Help! for my Baby Res!

If you can't buy those lights then I would take them outside whenever you have the time, live steve said, until you have the money. Where do you live ? Do you have a pet store near you ? Because buying locally is often cheaper than ordering online (no delivery cost).

I did find a 75 w bulb, but it doesn't seem to have a good review on Amazon. Never heard of this brand before, anyone ?
https://www.amazon.com/ABURA-spectrum-R ... B01M28F30J

EDIT: I would also think of long term. Maybe taking your time to buy another lamp for 15 w - 25 w would be cheaper for you in the long run because the lightbulb I shared costs a lot IMO.
PokePony

Post Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:56 am   Re: I need Help! for my Baby Res!

PokePony , Just a note : that link is for European use , It's an "E-27 base" . Also some of those full spectrum bulbs are inadequate for slider use . They say 3% uvb bet if you put a meter on it would be less and only good for a short time until it stops producing uvb. That's why having your own meter is important. Most will still produce regular light long after they stop producing UVB . 3% uvb yes but very low for a slider.

The E-26 medium screw base / Edison base is used in the US.
Good read : https://support.lifx.com/hc/en-us/artic ... difference

With the importance of UVB most try to stick with a reputable company.

Yes only 1mm difference but a big safety factor !
litefoot

Post Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:05 pm   Re: I need Help! for my Baby Res!

Sorry, we have Europeans products here so I guess I didn't find it weird. Thanks for pointing that out ^^ I didn't even know it was different in the US !
PokePony

Post Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:19 pm   Re: I need Help! for my Baby Res!

PokePony , you doing good helping the forum. This forum goes world wide and I find myself having to ask where a post is coming from in order to help. Sometimes it's not stated clear and never hurts to ask what state and or country. Helps for the climate zones too. Lots of homework all around in this hobby !

Thanks'
litefoot

Return to Equipment Review and Discussion