Equipment Review and Discussion :: Good water pump for 45 Gal ?

Various accessories and equipment discussed here.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:19 am   Good water pump for 45 Gal ?

Hey guys ! It's been a while I feel ! Been super busy lately, and unfortunately two weeks ago I had a problem with my water pump, it stopped working. And someone put it back on power today and it burn the thing completely. :evil:
My water pump looks a bit like this:
https://i.pinimg.com/236x/32/d8/ae/32d8 ... c96919.jpg
AC 220-240V, 50Hz, 12 W
max 1000L/Hr

It was a super good pump and I'm pretty bum out tbh. I think it broke because of the numerous black out. Any suggestion for a replacement ? Even if it's just a brand. I would need something I can find on eBay or Amazon preferably. The filter is at the top of the tank and the water alls back like a waterfall on the other side.
It's the part with the rock image background on it. You can kinda see the water pump behind the decorations, the long black tube:
https://scontent.fmru1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5AE77E2B
PokePony

Post Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:15 pm   Re: Good water pump for 45 Gal ?

It's just circulating water? I have the MarineLand Maxi-Jet pumps, but I don't operate them 24/7 -- just when I'm draining the tank. Are you sure it's breaking down from black outs? Pumps are fairly simple motors, hard to mess them up unless they run dry.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:50 am   Re: Good water pump for 45 Gal ?

Yeah it was from black outs. We get at least one every single day, it's pretty bad.
It's not for circulating water, it works with my filter, pushes the water up and the water falls down on the other side :)
I should really post pics to show you, but there's a cyclone near the island atm and electricity/internet is pretty bad ! I'll update in a few days with some photos !
PokePony

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:42 pm   Re: Good water pump for 45 Gal ?

Oh, stay safe! As for black outs, I think they could be worse for the lighting setup in a tank. Good idea to make sure your equipment is hooked up to a GFCI.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:24 am   Re: Good water pump for 45 Gal ?

Hi steve !
We got very lucky with this one. Apparently the cyclone lost intensity when it passed us, and now it is getting stronger but will keep its track so we'll be fine. Its heading towards La Reunion now. Even if it lost intensity a lot it still caused a lot of damages on the island. Super heavy rain, there was a literal river on our property behind the house. Really scary ! But it could have been a LOT worse.

So yep ! Anyway lol I was gonna ask, do you think putting everything on a surge protector would help ? We are all thinking about getting a few for other things in the house because the daily power outage keep burning things down.
PokePony

Post Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:06 pm   Re: Good water pump for 45 Gal ?

I think there are surge protectors with GFCI... good to have. Just make sure it doesn't trigger the GFCI if it loses power, otherwise you will have to reset it each time.
steve
Site Admin

Return to Equipment Review and Discussion