Page 1 of 1

Turtle dock sinking

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:49 am
by daredevilgirl013
My turtle dock is sinking now when Michelangelo gets on it. I've ordered a bigger one from Big Al's (does anyone know how long that stuff take to get here?) because it was way cheaper to order it online compared to going to the store to get it.

But for now how can I help stop that dock from sinking? Is there anything I can put under it?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:44 pm
by steve
I think Big Al's ships from upstate NY... it should only be a couple of days. As for as making it unsinkable, I could think of a few things (rubber grips, silicone) to put in/on the posts to try out.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:57 pm
by Mike S
My turtle dock sinks half way into the tank because my RES is so big. The suction cups hold, but he is large. Would anyone reccomend putting a large rock under the dock for support?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:09 am
by daredevilgirl013
you could or get a bigger dock.

Re: Turtle dock sinking

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:18 pm
by Mike S
I put a small plastic milk crate on it's side with a rock inside of it. The dock floats two inches above the crate. When Mr. T is on the dock it rests on the crate. He goes inside the crate to sleep like a cave. He balances on the rock in a diagonal position.

Re: Turtle dock sinking

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:35 pm
by VeipaCray
This is a 5 year old thread now.

Re: Turtle dock sinking

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:36 pm
by Mike S
Yes it is and Mr. T is now five years older and much larger!