Other Turtle Discussion :: Turtles in Teachers Classroom Took A Turn for the Worst.

Non-care related topics here.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:20 pm   Turtles in Teachers Classroom Took A Turn for the Worst.

In the beginning of the week, I noticed my teachers two turtles are completely without water. They are living in their own feces, no water, and I'm pretty sure he's not feeding them anymore. They have no lights. I'm at a loss. I don't know what to do. They have nothing. They even have gravel in their tank with river stones. I may have a picture of the tank.

The turtles are constantly gasping for air. This was when the tank had a tiny bit of water in it. Now it is completely dry, with still the green.. Crap... in the bottom of it. Someone even went as far as pouring MILK into the turtles tank. He brought them home and even still, the milk had rotted in the tank and left the room smelling terrible. He says he loves animals and turtles and such but I don't see it and I don't know what else to do at this point.
Please help.
3 turtles- Nemo, Pockets, Nims
Two dogs - Nibbles, Ruby.
Three cats - Eli, Boots, George.
Two donkeys - EllieMay, Dorothy.
I miss you, Kinsey-Lyn..
BabyNemo

Post Posted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:22 pm   Re: Turtles in Teachers Classroom Took A Turn for the Worst.

Talk to other teachers admin etc.
1 Male Mississippi Map/Mississippi
1 Female RES/Slidy.
1 DBT White Concentric Female/ Lucky
1 DBT Male/ Spots
(Housed in the same tank)

300 gallon indoor stock tank, FX6 & FX5 filters. Mega-Ray 100w UVB bulb.
Kansasslider

Post Posted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:30 pm   Re: Turtles in Teachers Classroom Took A Turn for the Worst.

Kansasslider wrote:Talk to other teachers admin etc.

No teachers in my school care. The principal himself has seen the turtles and complimented my teacher on their care.
I miss you, Kinsey-Lyn..
BabyNemo

Post Posted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:41 pm   Re: Turtles in Teachers Classroom Took A Turn for the Worst.

ASPCA
1 Female RES/Slidy.
1 DBT Male/ Spots

Kansasslider

Post Posted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:43 pm   Re: Turtles in Teachers Classroom Took A Turn for the Worst.

Call your local shelter and ask for advice.
1 Female RES/Slidy.
1 DBT Male/ Spots

Kansasslider

Post Posted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:45 am   Re: Turtles in Teachers Classroom Took A Turn for the Worst.

Kansasslider wrote:Call your local shelter and ask for advice.

I'll see if they care. Since its related to a school I'm not sure what much they can do.
I miss you, Kinsey-Lyn..
BabyNemo

Post Posted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:04 am   Re: Turtles in Teachers Classroom Took A Turn for the Worst.

I doubt your local shelter will do anything. But they might be able to help you find someone that can help. Situations like this are complicated. Its not like a dog getting beaten or starved. To most people its 'just a turtle" and they don't care! You can offer to help take care of the tank. Unfortunately your story is not the first one on here. Education is key. Print off a care sheet and give it to your teacher.
1 Female RES/Slidy.
1 DBT Male/ Spots

Kansasslider

Post Posted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:22 am   Re: Turtles in Teachers Classroom Took A Turn for the Worst.

Is your teacher willing to let you take them and take proper care of them? Maybe you could politely tell him they are not being taken care of properly.

1 Female RES named Raphael
75 gallon tank :D
butterflygirl921

Post Posted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:19 pm   Re: Turtles in Teachers Classroom Took A Turn for the Worst.

butterflygirl921 wrote:Is your teacher willing to let you take them and take proper care of them? Maybe you could politely tell him they are not being taken care of properly.

Tried that already. He said and I quote
"I like them. They're my turtles. They're fine."
I miss you, Kinsey-Lyn..
BabyNemo

Post Posted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:38 pm   Re: Turtles in Teachers Classroom Took A Turn for the Worst.

oh jeez he seems very mis informed. even i am new at this and know they need water and tank cleanings :/ its a sad situation let us know what happens

1 Female RES named Raphael
75 gallon tank :D
butterflygirl921

Post Posted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:54 pm   Re: Turtles in Teachers Classroom Took A Turn for the Worst.

butterflygirl921 wrote:oh jeez he seems very mis informed. even i am new at this and know they need water and tank cleanings :/ its a sad situation let us know what happens

He's a, for lack of a better word, prick. I don't think there's anything I can do.
I miss you, Kinsey-Lyn..
BabyNemo

Post Posted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:37 pm   Re: Turtles in Teachers Classroom Took A Turn for the Worst.

Just to throw some caution into the wind, if you direct them to this site, you might want to edit some the posts regarding them :lol:
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:59 pm   Re: Turtles in Teachers Classroom Took A Turn for the Worst.

Time for a new reality show. "Turtle Police" What ya gonna do when they come for you!
All kidding aside. Its a sad situation! Sorry I don't have better advice.
1 Female RES/Slidy.
1 DBT Male/ Spots

Kansasslider

Post Posted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:12 pm   Re: Turtles in Teachers Classroom Took A Turn for the Worst.

steve wrote:Just to throw some caution into the wind, if you direct them to this site, you might want to edit some the posts regarding them :lol:

Haha thanks for the warning. I don't think I'll direct him here.
I miss you, Kinsey-Lyn..
BabyNemo

Post Posted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:13 pm   Re: Turtles in Teachers Classroom Took A Turn for the Worst.

Kansasslider wrote:Time for a new reality show. "Turtle Police" What ya gonna do when they come for you!
All kidding aside. Its a sad situation! Sorry I don't have better advice.

Ha exactly. I just can't wait to be out of his class. My mom says that those turtles are better off dying now from lack of water and food. I don't even think they can be saved anymore.
I miss you, Kinsey-Lyn..
BabyNemo

Next

Return to Other Turtle Discussion