Hi! Introduce yourselves here. :: Hello everyone!

Drop a post to say hi. Please ask care questions in the forums below.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:52 am   Hello everyone!

Hello everyone, my in laws brought us home a baby red ear slider from Florida, and I mean a baby! I have never owned a turtle before so I started doing a lot of research on mine. I quickly found out that it is illegal to sell turtles this small and found out how they do it at tourist attractions down south. At first I wasn't too happy about it but I went to my local pet store and told the guy my situation and he got me everything I need for the habitat. My in laws also got one for themselves but they kept him in the same little container that they bought it in! So they let me bring him home with mine. So now I have 2 baby RES and I think they are pretty happy in there new home. They are both eating very well and I am continuing to learn more about them every day. I found this forum and I had to join. So I just wanted to post a little about me and the newest addition to our family. I'm sure i will be pretty active on this site, and any tips any one could give me would be appreciated! Thanks everyone.
coonsie85

Post Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:13 pm   Re: Hello everyone!

Welcome to the site! Congrats on the new additions, how have they adjusted? Any pictures?
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:38 am   Re: Hello everyone!

Welcome to the Group.. Can't wait to see Pics !!
Midland Painted--Philbert--SIP :(
1-2 1/4" Mississippi Map Turtle(Male)--Atlas
1-2 1/2" Western Painted Turtle (male)--Titan
40 gallon tank
unclejoe

Post Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:15 am   Re: Hello everyone!

I tried to upload so pics but its not working for me. I'll probably have to get on my desktop and do it. But they are both a little over an inch. I have a 20 gallon tank and its filled up about 5 inches deep. They have a floating rock basking area. I just got some small guppies and put them in there but they can't catch them yet. They have been trying to but I guess they aren't quick enough yet. Do you think they are too little for live guppies?
coonsie85

Post Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:53 pm   Re: Hello everyone!

No, they will want guppies at any point. If uploading through mobile, you will need a 3rd party host i think.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:56 pm   Re: Hello everyone!

My little guy Philbert.. I got him in December he was about an inch and a half at the time.. First time I brought him home a Rosy red minnow it didn't last five minutes.. Last week I bought him two hoping one would be around at least 24 hours.. uh uh.. both gone in about 15 mins..lol He is lightning fast when he wants to be. Maybe you are feeding them so good they aren't hungry enough.

I don't know if you have tried uploading your photos from your computer.. But I had trouble with that too.. Now I just use a photo host site like Photobucket and just post the [img] code in here.. :)
Midland Painted--Philbert--SIP :(
1-2 1/4" Mississippi Map Turtle(Male)--Atlas
1-2 1/2" Western Painted Turtle (male)--Titan
40 gallon tank
unclejoe

Return to Hi! Introduce yourselves here.