Other Turtle Discussion :: $Reptile Vet$

Non-care related topics here.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:11 pm   $Reptile Vet$

around How much would it cost to take a turtle to a reptile vet? ( Just to check out my RES) :cry:
turtlezilla

Post Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:48 pm   

If he's healthy, I wouldn't worry about taking him for a checkup if you can't afford it right now. Save that money incase he needs emergency treatment later on. I'm taking mine in this summer for a checkup but only because my vet is a family friend and won't charge me.
The things that come to those who wait may be the things that were left by those who got there first - Steven Tyler
jenaero

Post Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:59 pm   

:cry: I think Both of my RES are sick. I think my male has shell rot and I just noticed that my female has some kind of rash or skin infection. My mom can't afford to keep dishing out money for my RESs and I keep bugging her about them so i need to get vet prices. HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP :!:
turtlezilla

Post Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:17 pm   

ohh this is a hard one. could it be shell rot or just sheading. could it be a rash or jsut skin sheading?
GouzlanTheAmerican

Post Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:40 pm   

Do some comparison shopping--find a few qualified herp vets reasonably near you and call to find out what basic fees are. I've heard of some vets changing less for a second turtle if more than one is brought in (but make sure first).

Can you post a pic of what you think may be shell rot and the rash?
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:36 pm   

How Do you post a pic?
turtlezilla

Post Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:14 pm   

hmm it's hard to explain, straykingfisher can tell you.
GouzlanTheAmerican

Post Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:34 pm   

Look at the People Talk forum at Knuckle's June 13 post, "Can't Post Pictures" for instructions.
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:09 pm   

hey where in south florida do u live becouse the vet i go to does all animals and i trust him with my animals lives for a regular check up or something cost a bout 10 bucks for 2 turts
RESowner102

Post Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:47 pm   

I live in Miramar. It's near Ft. Lauderdale and I'm willing to go as far as monroe county in the Keys for my Turts. 10 bucks? phew... i thought it would be like 50-70 bucks. :roll: I put my turts in some medicated water and my females infected skin came off the next day. My male turtles White spots and holes color came back. What a relief. My Turtle are in a tank out back for now. I let them get as much sunlight as possible :D Whoa It just started raining while i was typing! I went outback to get my turts and 1 was missing. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH :!: :!: :!:
turtlezilla

Post Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:36 pm   

oohh nnoo!!! find him/her but it was 10 bucks for 2 turts how many do u have? and the number for my vet is 305 248 6536 and the adress is 600 English Av Homestead get a map from map quest ok and be carful with this hurracan!!! dont loose your turts!!!
RESowner102

Post Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:43 pm   

I just found him. :shock: . He was at my friends house. About 4 houses down. That was enough worry 4 1 day. I have two RES. They are getting better, but i think ill still get them checked out. Thanx for all the help. The weather is getting pretty bad. we've already had powerlines blown down in broward county and we've had a huge ficus ( sorry about spelling errors) tree fall. :shock:
turtlezilla

Post Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:48 pm   

i know i live in homestead and there are very bad winds this morning we went to go eat and we had to wait in the truck for about 5 min before it let up raining!! man i hate hurricans!! :twisted: :!:
RESowner102

Return to Other Turtle Discussion