Box Turtle and Tortoise Discussion :: boxies lovin the spring

A general forum for those with an interest in land-based turtles.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:06 pm   

the people on that forum are rediculously RUDE! if it wasnt a closed topic, i would join just to defend you, terry!

"As to the mixing of species... They're your animals... I don't care if you mix em... use em as bait... or eat em.
If you don't want to be criticised about the practice... don't advertise it."

SDFGSAHGYFTSAFHAGSTS#$%^&ATTYS. Thats how i feel right now. UGH! some people.... THE NERVE!

(BTW- terry, are you also on Turtle Times? Those pics look familiar) Also, EJ is on TT too, is he not? Surprising.... he is SO much nicer on that forum.
- Jessy
"Every breath we take is linked to the sea."
zoologist

Post Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:33 am   

Yep, extremely rude people. But they ARE right about the part about not mixing species. It's kinda like the Europeans and the First Natives. The Europeans brought along diseases that the First Nations never encountered before and they died from it.

Same goes for turtles from different places. But if both your turtles were captive bred and kept together for a long time, there shouldn't be any problem....
2 Chinese Goldenthread turtles ~ Miso&Mafan
1 Chinese Box turtle ~ Chief Lemon
2 Redfoot Tortoises ~ Sheegua & Muugua
1 Toy Poodle ~ Pudding
3 firebellied newts ~ Cassandra, Mr.Poo, and Wiggles.

http://flickr.com/photos/the_naturalist
Tenodera

Post Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:25 am   

That doesn't sound good... I agree with you and that one guy, Their fine if they have known each other since hatching.
1 Red Eared Slider- Izzy (female)
corey7144

Post Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:15 am   

zoologist wrote:the people on that forum are rediculously RUDE! if it wasnt a closed topic, i would join just to defend you, terry!

"As to the mixing of species... They're your animals... I don't care if you mix em... use em as bait... or eat em.
If you don't want to be criticised about the practice... don't advertise it."

SDFGSAHGYFTSAFHAGSTS#$%^&ATTYS. Thats how i feel right now. UGH! some people.... THE NERVE!

(BTW- terry, are you also on Turtle Times? Those pics look familiar) Also, EJ is on TT too, is he not? Surprising.... he is SO much nicer on that forum.

Im on Turtle Times too. I only have like 40 posts though. I remember seeing Carolina setup on Turtle Times.

Oh and yeah back on topic.
They are VERY rude. I agree with TerryO. There both hatchlings and would both be buried in the forest floor now.

I cant stand rude people and liars.
Take-One

Post Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:25 pm   

I think this is a good example of why I like this forum so much. People (generally) aren't ever rude to each other on here and actualy try to be helpful instead of condescending. That guy on that other forum just seems downright rude.
Toby - RES - adopted in December 2007 - 120g tank - Fluval FX5

Max - Pit Bull/Irish Setter/Dalmatian mix - adopted in March 2009
Lola - Pit Bull mix - adopted in June 2009
meltedspork

Post Posted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:34 pm   

Most of the people on that forum are really educated about tortoises. They all have loads of them, and raise them too. There are some very nice people there who are willing to help new tortoise owners, like myself. Then there are others that think that there way is the right way, and won't even listen to any one else's opinion. There are some really heated discussions on that forum, especially on the feeding issues...one feeds Mazuri...someone else feeds cat food....also on UVB lighting. Some say NO UVB because they are on the forest floor, with tall trees and the sun is filtered and they usually stay buried...someone else says all living things need UVB. It is very hard for us new tortoise owners because everyone has a different opinion so you don't know who to believe. I just take a little bit of each ones input and apply it. It is very hard. Anyway Izzy and Pio are still together.

Terry
Terryo

Previous

Return to Box Turtle and Tortoise Discussion