Habitat - Indoor :: people who give their turtles gigantic tanks

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:29 am   

if you point the bar downwards, or even down and to the side so the water hits the glass at an angle going down, it might be less noisy.

if you use the spray bar, be sure to put those suction cups to use. otherwise when your turt decides to climb all over it, bit it and get behind it, it might get wrenched out, and possibly turned upwards spraying the air, and any lighting you may have suspended over water.

and that's bad.. :]
Adam
pkneeyahx
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:52 pm   

RES Tampa--I've read of other people complaining about a whining or flute-like sound. When I used the spray bar, I had it well under the surface--no noise (and very little current).
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:40 am   

yeah. i had the high pitched whistling sound with the spray bar too. it took me like a week to figure out what was causing it. it was so loud you could hear it throughout the whole house. i had to turn the filter off so i could sleep. i hope it didnt hurt my turtle's ears :(
weirdalison

Post Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:24 pm   

If you put the spray bar under the water, you shouldn't hear it.
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:27 pm   

i read in the first post that there were photos of people's tanks - can i see those pictures, please?
spike, 01/04, 1.75"
rsm

Post Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:35 pm   

You can go to the Photo Gallery and check out the pictures there and browse to your hearts content.. :)

http://www.redearslider.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=14

I'm not sure if you've been welcomed to the forum but I see you've only made 2 posts.. so just in case.. Welcome :)
Carol
cam722
Retired Mod

Previous

Return to Habitat - Indoor