Habitat - Indoor :: Filter for 100 gallon Rubbermaid

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Wed May 28, 2014 1:27 pm   Re: Filter for 100 gallon Rubbermaid

It could make priming more difficult. Yeah, I've learned a lot from keeping turtles. I think we all do, plus I learn a lot from the members on the forum as well. It's true... we don't know if our turtles are truly happy but as long as we do our best, I think it'll be OK.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Thu May 29, 2014 6:40 am   Re: Filter for 100 gallon Rubbermaid

Congrats on your project. Make sure your filter is letting air out when it turns off to purge. If it doesn't you will need to raise the output nozzles. I cut notches in the rim of the tank in order to mound the input and output of the filter. Plexi glass to mount the heaters. If you need pictures of anything I did just ask.
1 Male Mississippi Map/Mississippi
1 Female RES/Slidy.
1 DBT White Concentric Female/ Lucky
1 DBT Male/ Spots
(Housed in the same tank)

300 gallon indoor stock tank, FX6 & FX5 filters. Mega-Ray 100w UVB bulb.
Kansasslider

Post Posted: Thu May 29, 2014 10:44 am   Re: Filter for 100 gallon Rubbermaid

Lalachka wrote:Is the wall with a window a load bearing wall?

You can't use the window as a guage to where load bearing wall is. You cant really use the flooring as gauge either, yes normally it ran the same way but you also have lousy contractors that don't care, or design preferences. The best is if you can open up the floor or go under and see where the joist is laid.
The Load bearing wall is usually the long side of the house. Your joist will be ran from one side to the other the short way approximately every 18" apart. So run the tank parallel to the longest side of the house. Not sure what the measurement of your stock tank is but if you lay the tank on top of 2 joist, it shouldn't have an issue. If you're really worried get a structural engineer to asset it for you. They're around $500-1000 for consult.

how did you hit 2000lbs?
n3hihz

Previous

Return to Habitat - Indoor