Habitat - Outdoor :: plant lights

Ponds and other outdoor enclosures.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:33 am   plant lights

Marisa,
What lighting are you using for your plants? I set up a 160 watt self-ballasted UVA/UVB flood light so it's aimed down on my cattails and lillies and it doesn't seem to be helping much. Have you tried a 'blue grow light', such as you would use over African Violets? George :D :D
Oldturtle72

Post Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:54 pm   

Good to see you're around (I've seen you online, but you always seem to disapper so quickly...).

I'm trying to set up a place for the hyacinths and anachris, etc., hopefully this weekend. What I want to do is to try one of those long Gro-lights (found one and the fixture to go with it). They're going to be in the cellar, which is quite cold, so I'm probably going to pop a submersible heater in there with a small filter for circulation. Don't know about the blue grow lights, maybe that's what I'm going to be using? (It gives off a faintly purplish light.) I'll let you know how they do--the water hyacinths like bright light, so I should know pretty quickly if this will be OK.
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod

Return to Habitat - Outdoor