Feeding and Nutrition :: res not eating food sticks

Turtle diets and eating habits discussed here.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:02 pm   res not eating food sticks

question... i've had my female res for a month now... and she doesn't seem to eat floating food sticks i feed her. is there anything i can do to make her eat the food sticks? so far i've been feeding her shrimp, fish, and bloodworms... i can't afford to keep giving her the good stuff :lol:
Szuturon

Post Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:22 pm   

And you shouldn't keep giving her the things you are or you'll end up with a very overweight and unhealthy turtle. ;) By withholding what she's used to and wants to eat and only offering her the pellets and veggies that she should be getting, she'll eventually get the idea. It won't hurt for her to go a few days without food if she plays stubborn. It's tough love, but it works. :)
~~~Sonja~~~
sonyj

Post Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:38 pm   

You can't afford to give her the good stuff?? hahaha what you are feeding her is the GOOD stuff, just the not so good for her stuff. The stuff that should be given as treats. As sonyj said, use tough love, eventually she will eat it.
Carol
cam722
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:55 am   

ya... i'm personally not fond of the bloodworms... ever since i started giving her those... the tank's water got murky... :(
Szuturon

Post Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:51 pm   

Have you tried feeding her in a different tub? That would help with the murkiness. (Is that even a word? LOL)
~Emily
1 RES
Crush - 1 inch
Emily

Return to Feeding and Nutrition