Feeding and Nutrition :: Strawberries!

Turtle diets and eating habits discussed here.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:36 am   Strawberries!

I was reading the sticky posts about what not to feed your RES and what to feed your RES. When I saw the strawberries were alright for them.

Petri has been picky about what she'll eat for fruits and veggies lately. Not wanting anything i give her.

I happened to have some strawberries that I cut up last night for me, so I decided to share.

oh my god she loved them! She tore into them like she hadn't eaten in days, even though she ate yesterday!

These will definitely make a nice once a month treat!
PetriTheTurtle

Post Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:11 pm   

I recently gave a few pieces to my eastern painteds and they loved them. My RES was more picky, but did at least try them. :)
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:30 pm   

Mine love anything red and orange, and I have heard other on here say the same thing. Mine got their first taste of watermelon tonight. I love that it is soft, and doesn't have to be cut up very small, and they loved it too.
Missi

2 RES, 1 cat, and a spoiled rotten pug.
missibsu

Post Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:42 pm   

lol...my turtles eat anything :p

When I put strawberries in there the first time they both had one piece, one on one side, one on the other. It was funny...
but now we seperate them for almost every type of food. they're little pigs.
Bobbi-RES 3.5 inches
Squirt-RES 2.5 inches
Cubbie- Cat
sarah

Return to Feeding and Nutrition