Equipment Review and Discussion :: Fluval 3 Power Filter

Various accessories and equipment discussed here.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:17 pm   Fluval 3 Power Filter

I'm thinking no one here probably has one, but on the off chance...

I've been given a Fluval 3 Power filter. It hangs on the tank vertically. I've cleaned the filter well (I hope) and have had it running in a bucket of clean water to rinse it out. There are 3 while plastic pieces that fit together and attach to a piece of plastic that protects the impeller so that there's a long tube-like strainer going down the chamber. The only other thing that's come with it is a polyester "sleeve" that fits in the chamber around the tub-like strainer. No directions came with it, and the person who gave it to me can't remember if it needs anything else.

I have the feeling that this filter is a precursor to the Fluval Plus series. I can't find it online or in petstores like Petsmart or Petco. Does anyone know anything about this filter?
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:29 pm   

honestly, i'm not sure they make them anymore. How long has it been since she used it? If she's used it recently, find out where she buys the media and maybe they can help.
The things that come to those who wait may be the things that were left by those who got there first - Steven Tyler
jenaero

Post Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 1:38 pm   

I think I may just use it in a tank with aquatic plants or possibly snails to keep the water from going stagnant. :)
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 6:30 pm   

if I remember right its kinda tuff to prime, ya gotta keep pour glasses of water init pretty fast am I right?
Don't put a question mark (?) where God has already put a period (.)!
lydia_lady_fla

Post Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:10 pm   

I just put it in the water and after a few seconds it starts working. Maybe you're thinking of the Fluval Canister (before they supposedly made it more user-friendly)?
marisa
Retired Mod

Return to Equipment Review and Discussion