Online Links and Deals :: filstar xp3 at petsmart

Found a great deal or something useful? Link us up! Do not solicit business here.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:40 am   filstar xp3 at petsmart

So i was actually looking for a fluval 405 and i read the box and it seemed that the xp 3 was the way to go even though it was a little more expensive. So i payed the 170 bucks and came online and found out that on their website you can get it for waaaaaay more cheaper than this. It says that prices vary from store to store but doesnt petsmart pricematch?
Pugness

Post Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:36 am   

I've mentioned this many many many times and so have others about checking online before buying in stores. Yes, Petsmart does pricematch.
Carol
cam722
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:24 am   

Take in your receipt and the online price and see if they will match it. If they won't, them return the product. Then purchase it again, or purchase it online.
Missi

2 RES, 1 cat, and a spoiled rotten pug.
missibsu

Post Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:28 am   

The funny part was I was checking online but i was checking online for the fluval series. When i was at the store they didnt have the fluval 405 they only had the 305. I remember seeing someone mention the xp3 as being one of the best filters out there so i read the box and it seems that its better than the 405 so i was thinking well, if it handles more i would imagine it would be more expensive.
Pugness

Post Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:35 pm   

But not that expensive ($170). :)
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:28 pm   

I can't believe they are charging that much. I looked at them in Petsmart last week when I was in Yuma, AZ and they were about that price. I bought my XP3 at www.drfostersmith.com for like $97.

Matter of fact it is currently on sale there for $99.99.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Product/P ... 2004&Nty=1
Spookster

Post Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:55 pm   

Drs Foster Smith had it on sale a few months ago, $99 is usually their normal price. Big Als has it for $95, though they haven't had it on sale. Both sites had free shipping promotions earlier in the year. Petco/Petsmart should pricematch their own prices from their online stores. A nice manager will pricematch from a competing store/website.

Also, Petsmart has the xp3 for $105, you can get 15% off $75 with coupon code SAVEAPR, though I think sales tax is applicable.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:23 pm   

Cool thanks for the tip. Ill be sure to make use of it.
Pugness

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:07 pm   

I just got an XP3 off Ebay for like $70. It is obviously used but I just set it up and seems to be working fine. To those of you that have XP3's how do you have the media set up. Right now I have the sponges in the bottom, I put that cotton stuff in the center two, I put BioMax in the bottom of the top and a charcol/ammonia remover in the top of the top container. Does that sound okay?
MMC32879

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:02 pm   

MMC32879 wrote:I just got an XP3 off Ebay for like $70. It is obviously used but I just set it up and seems to be working fine. To those of you that have XP3's how do you have the media set up. Right now I have the sponges in the bottom, I put that cotton stuff in the center two, I put BioMax in the bottom of the top and a charcol/ammonia remover in the top of the top container. Does that sound okay?

In my XP3 I have:

Top basket from top to bottom:
1 Filstar Microfiltration pad
1 Box of Filstar Ceramic Rings and 1 box of Filstar Bio-Chem stars

Middle basket:
2 Filstar activated carbon pouches (number of carbon pouches depends on tank size. I have a 90 gallon which requires 2 pouches)

Bottom basket from top to bottom:
2 Filstar fine foam pads 20 pores per inch
2 Filstar coarse foam pads 30 pores per inch
Last edited by Spookster on Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spookster

Post Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:13 pm   

I have foam in the bottom basket, carbon packet and ceramic rings in the middle, and ceramic rings in the top.
Missi

2 RES, 1 cat, and a spoiled rotten pug.
missibsu

Return to Online Links and Deals