Other Turtle Discussion :: Where to buy turtles

Non-care related topics here.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:22 pm   Where to buy turtles

Hey guys so just wondering if there's any reptile shops with turtles not just red eared sliders near the mississauga and Toronto area I've been searching for months but couldn't find anything great thanks bye
2 3 inch RES in 20 gallon gonna upgrade more soon well in December getting a VERY large tank for their new tankmate in December either DBT Map or Reeves Top fin 30 gallon power filter large basking rock 4 rosy red minnows and all living things day bulb
preyas1207

Post Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:20 pm   Re: Where to buy turtles

Craigslist - you can even look up rescues in the area and adopt them for free or look into reptile shows, they have all sorts of turtles there.
talal

Post Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:29 pm   Re: Where to buy turtles

Oh thanks hopefully they have Mississippi maps :/ I've been trying to get them but at this shop called discount dragon aquarium I don't think this is reasonable but it's 50 bucks just for 1 juvenile!!!!!!!! And a juvenile res is 40 luckily I got mine as hatchlings but before they were 30 for one now 20 that shop has problems maybe.....
2 3 inch RES in 20 gallon gonna upgrade more soon well in December getting a VERY large tank for their new tankmate in December either DBT Map or Reeves Top fin 30 gallon power filter large basking rock 4 rosy red minnows and all living things day bulb
preyas1207

Post Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:45 am   Re: Where to buy turtles

Check with littleresq.net, they'll have more besides RES.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:30 pm   Re: Where to buy turtles

Thanks Steve they got nice turtles but I'm fine if it's a RES but it doesn't state the breed of turtle but thanks for the effort
preyas1207

Post Posted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:37 pm   Re: Where to buy turtles

I'd just wait until you can sex them. Suddenly having to separate them will be a very unpleasant and expensive surprise.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:21 am   Re: Where to buy turtles

We'll I'm fine if they lay eggs because in my other post I said I'm gonna use a stock tank but have a land loose substrate area pretty much in a large tub so I'm fine if they breed anyways thanks for the help but talal doesn't craiglist not allow you to sell livestock? But if I can't find any other good stores I think I'll just get this false map from kijiji for 25$ too bad kijiji doesn't have much rare turtles except for Fly River but man those are expensive and big :) when I'm older and more experienced i thnk ill try one
preyas1207

Post Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:52 am   Re: Where to buy turtles

Mating is not the issue with male/female turtles, it's aggression. There is no other solution but to rehome or divide tanks. If it were easy to deal with we'd all have a lot more turtles.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:51 pm   Re: Where to buy turtles

We'll I won't be having an issue with separating because when me and my turtles are older I will hopefully open a shop dedicated to turtles just to turtles that's REAL hard to find here in Canada :p
preyas1207

Post Posted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:17 pm   Re: Where to buy turtles

Turtles are hard to find in Canada because of our very restrictive laws on importation. Therefore turtles are usually much more expensive here than in the U.S.A., especially if you're looking for something a bit more uncommon than your basic Sliders or Map turtles. Try looking on Kijiji. There are tonnes of RES and Map turtles available, often being given away for free with a tank and supplies by people that bought them and didn't realize how much work turtles can be.
carl1738

Post Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:29 pm   Re: Where to buy turtles

Be careful when buying and selling online in Canada as they might be confiscated.
steve
Site Admin

Return to Other Turtle Discussion