Photo Gallery :: Walnut

The place to post your photos and pictures.
Winter Photo Contest Winner :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 6:11 pm   

They were in the section where the fish were. Not very organized just like bam. :lol: I hope you can find something like it.

My turtle loves to hid under there. Its her little 'secret' hideout. =-P
Walnut- Pet for Five Years; Age Uknown; 3 1/4 Inches; Female
IshMaster

Post Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:45 pm   

Hi, those are some excellent pictures! You have a beautiful res, he/she looks like a giant next to mine. :D
tinyslider

Post Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:15 pm   

i love your turtle. i cant wait until mine gets that big. i would say that from the tail she is a girl. walnut is a great name too.
GouzlanTheAmerican

Post Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:03 pm   

Thank you so much! Walnut thanks you too. =D I got the name Walnut from this site actually. For the longest her name was Wallace because I just assumed it was a guy, but well now it looks more like a girl.

Thanks for all the compliments!
Walnut- Pet for Five Years; Age Uknown; 3 1/4 Inches; Female
IshMaster

Post Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:26 pm   

i have a red ear slider. i want to know if i should put more water in her tank :? . the tank is anout 2-3 feet tall and 3-5 wide and the water level is about as much as my pinky nail :( . should i higher it or not?
i have one res. i dont know how old she is but shes 2inchs. shes active,adorable,crazy and weird.
lakerchick20042000

Post Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:42 pm   

Absolute miminum depth of the water should be slightly more than the length of the shell. How long is your turtle's shell? If she's a few inches, she could easily handle even deeper water. You can increase the depth slowly over time if you're worried. If the water is deep, having something like a plastic plant for her to rest on would be good. Don't forget to adjust the basking area as well--it should be easy for her to get on and should allow her to fully dry off when she basks.

Having your turtle in such shallow water is potentially dangerous. If she tips over on her back, there's a chance she could drown trying to right herself.

Next time, it would be good to start a new question in a separate post. Your question will be easier for others to see, and you'll often get more and quicker responses. :)
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:47 pm   

What an eye catching set up, very nice!

Love the vivid colors.

Your turtle looks very happy!
Urs
"A new RES lover"
sassygirl

Previous

Return to Photo Gallery