Photo Gallery :: he basks!

The place to post your photos and pictures.
Winter Photo Contest Winner :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:58 pm   he basks!

I was having a little trouble getting Napoleon to bask recently. Turns out he's pretty particular about his UVB, he prefers a reptisun to a reptiglo. I gave the reptiglo to Moxie and she's not complaining, and Napoleon's back to basking so everyone's happy. I got some cute pics of Napolen being a bum!

Image
Image
Image
Image

And here's Moxie. Look at that cute little smile!

Image
Napoleon - Western Painted Turtle
Apollo - Eastern Box Turtle
Moxie - Painted Turtle Mutt
RIP Hercules

Katie

I heart my herpies!
User avatar
Starchick
 
Posts: 1399
Joined: Jan 3, 2007
Location: central NY

Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:03 pm   

Cute! Glad that he's basking again!
3 turtles,
3 cats,
& fish.
User avatar
emma
 
Posts: 2031
Joined: Aug 28, 2007
Location: Minnesota

Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:08 pm   

They are both very adaorable. I do love the pic of Moxie. It does look like a smile!
2 RES-Sparky M 6.0 and Spike F 9.0
1 Beardie- F Nubbin
1 Pictus Gecko- F Necko
6 Fire Bellied Toads-3 M 3 F
User avatar
scripta_elegans
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1938
Joined: Jul 30, 2006
Location: Iowa

Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:58 pm   

Have you ever thought of doing a Napoleon calendar? It would be a hoot!

Your turtles could teach us all a lot about life.
SpotsMama
User avatar
SpotsMama
Retired Mod
 
Posts: 8079
Joined: Jun 7, 2006
Location: Mesquite Texas

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:57 am   

I would cover the edges of the basking dock with something soft like the puffy rubber shelf liner or the aquarium "carpet" that is water safe. I suggest this because Nyx got some really bad bruising from constantly rubbing her shell on the egde of her basking dock (thought it was shell rot, but it was just some bad bruising) since half the time she refuses to use her ramp to get down lol. I covered it with the puffy shelf liner and her bruises are going away now.
Your turts are gorgeous too :) I love the long nails on Napoleon.
1 Pekin Duck- Bumby
1 Adult Midland Painted Turtle- Nyx
2 Hatchling Midland Painted Turtles- Gimli, Marvolo
1 Normal Gray Cockatiel- Egore
User avatar
Bumby's Mom
 
Posts: 751
Joined: Jul 20, 2007

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:18 pm   

Love the third pic. Very hansome
RES-Ivan
User avatar
Blue Flamingo
 
Posts: 879
Joined: Apr 18, 2006
Location: Denver, Colorado

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:32 pm   

I love Napoleon's poses...he's a very relaxed basker! :)
>>kate<<
1.0.0 Red Eared Slider: Ethel
0.1.0 Gulf Coast Box Turtle: Bertha
0.0.1 False Tomato Frog:: Paco
1.0.1 Albino ACFs: Guillermo and Carlos
1.0.0 Pit Bull Terrier: Rocco
1.0.0 Black Lab/Mastiff: Bert
1.0.0 Orange Kitten: Baxter
User avatar
kmichael55
 
Posts: 745
Joined: May 15, 2007
Location: Ohio City, OH

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:38 pm   

LOL Pic #3 looks like contest material to me!
"Make it turtle proof, and they'll build a better turtle."
User avatar
grey goose
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1941
Joined: Jul 12, 2006

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:37 pm   

I hope my lil' Steve grows up to be just as handsome as Napolean and Hercules! I love Moxie's "smile"!
RES, Nicaraguan slider, Chinese Golden Thread, Northern DBT, Eastern Painted, Gibba turtle, Leopard tortoise, 3 Central American Woods, 2 Home's Hingeback tortoises, False Map, Northern Map, 2 Pink bellies, Reeves
User avatar
lotsofpets
 
Posts: 439
Joined: Sep 5, 2006
Location: Lexington, KY

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:35 pm   

Lol you named him Steve? Is he named after 'Steve' Steve? Because that would be too cute.
Napoleon - Western Painted Turtle
Apollo - Eastern Box Turtle
Moxie - Painted Turtle Mutt
RIP Hercules

Katie

I heart my herpies!
User avatar
Starchick
 
Posts: 1399
Joined: Jan 3, 2007
Location: central NY

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:57 pm   

Yep! - neither name participant liked the names I had originally picked out, so I named them after them. I was going to name then Picasso and Crieghton.
RES, Nicaraguan slider, Chinese Golden Thread, Northern DBT, Eastern Painted, Gibba turtle, Leopard tortoise, 3 Central American Woods, 2 Home's Hingeback tortoises, False Map, Northern Map, 2 Pink bellies, Reeves
User avatar
lotsofpets
 
Posts: 439
Joined: Sep 5, 2006
Location: Lexington, KY

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:10 pm   

Bumby's Mom wrote:I would cover the edges of the basking dock with something soft like the puffy rubber shelf liner or the aquarium "carpet" that is water safe. I suggest this because Nyx got some really bad bruising from constantly rubbing her shell on the egde of her basking dock (thought it was shell rot, but it was just some bad bruising) since half the time she refuses to use her ramp to get down lol. I covered it with the puffy shelf liner and her bruises are going away now.
Your turts are gorgeous too :) I love the long nails on Napoleon.


I was thinking of doing that but I couldn't figure out what to use to adhere it to the tile. Any ideas? I had the edge covered with tape at one point but it fell off after a day or so.
Napoleon - Western Painted Turtle
Apollo - Eastern Box Turtle
Moxie - Painted Turtle Mutt
RIP Hercules

Katie

I heart my herpies!
User avatar
Starchick
 
Posts: 1399
Joined: Jan 3, 2007
Location: central NY

Post Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:12 am   

I was thinking of doing that but I couldn't figure out what to use to adhere it to the tile. Any ideas? I had the edge covered with tape at one point but it fell off after a day or so.[/quote]

Would silicone make it stick well? I think someone on here (David??) said that superglue is aquarium safe, but I'd really investigate that first. I'd think silicone would do it though.

Love, love, LOVE pic #3. #4 is cute too, but #3 made me laugh out loud!
Tamara
9" f pen cooter-Liza; 5" m RES-Mercer
5.5" f ornate dbt-Lucy
2 3/4" missi map-Jimi; 1.5" painted-Bob
1 dog, 1 cat, 1 bird, 3 kids, 1 hubby

"My mother had a great deal of trouble with me, but I think she enjoyed it"
--Mark Twain--
User avatar
FLhaven4strays
 
Posts: 276
Joined: Sep 30, 2007
Location: Holiday, FL

Post Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:39 am   

I use those "binder clips" (I am pretty positive thats the actual name) they are black and have 2 prongs that allow you to pull them open and they are working very well so far. It's worth a try, you can get a whole package of the smaller ones for like $2.00.
The aquarium safe silicone works well if the turtles isn't very heavey but the downside is it has to cure for 2 or 3 days at the least before it is ok to go into the tank. The silicone didn't work on Nyx's dock. After a while all of it peeled off of the ramp. It works great on the babies dock/ramp too (but they only weigh a few grams LOL).
1 Pekin Duck- Bumby
1 Adult Midland Painted Turtle- Nyx
2 Hatchling Midland Painted Turtles- Gimli, Marvolo
1 Normal Gray Cockatiel- Egore
User avatar
Bumby's Mom
 
Posts: 751
Joined: Jul 20, 2007

Post Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:47 pm   

That 3rd picture is ADORABLE!!!


Napoleon has such a personality
2 RES Jack and Turbo
1 Shih-tzu/Poodle mix Cookie
User avatar
turboturtle8
 
Posts: 2355
Joined: Apr 4, 2007

Next

Return to Photo Gallery

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 145 guests