Other Turtle Discussion :: Res on tv?

Non-care related topics here.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:40 pm   

powerofvoodoo wrote:It barely shows the animals in their cages--they leave the cage at the beginning for their adventure and don't come back until the end. It doesn't show the animals ever being cared for or anything of that sort. I doubt very many people base how to take care of their turtle on an animated kids show. In a world where technology rules, most people will at least research how to take care of the turtle properly after purchase.
Yes, it may not show accurately how to care for turtles besides the fact that Tuck eats veggies (although it's always celery), but it's an excellent show in teaching kids how to work together and to help others.
I almost named my turtle Tuck because of Wonderpets.


Unfortunately, this isn't true. Most people will believe what they are told at the pet store and end up slowly killing their turtles from lack of proper care. I think very few people take the time to research and animal before they get it like they should, and not very many more take the time after. They only come to sites like these when they've noticed something drastically wrong with their animal.
~Christi
1.0 RES: Mikey R.I.P.
1.0 Het for Albino Red Tail Boa: Kaa ~adopted out
0.0.1 Northern BTS: Petri ~now a well-loved class pet

1.0 Am. Staff Mix: Brutus R.I.P.
1.0 German Shepherd: Pax

1.0 Husband: Will
0.1 Daughter: Lily
User avatar
untsmurf
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4291
Joined: Jul 28, 2007
Location: Carrollton, TX
Gender: Female

Previous

Return to Other Turtle Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 115 guests