Other Turtle Discussion :: Fish eating turtle food.

Non-care related topics here.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:11 pm   Fish eating turtle food.

So I've been running into a problem when feeding my red eared sliders due to a goldfish eating their food. I don't mind having the fish in the tank since I do have a couple of minnows and a algae eater that make the tank look natural. I am worried that this thing is going to get even bigger and die or that the turtles won't get their proper serving of pellets. Anyone have any ideas of what I can do?
cruising_37

Post Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:50 pm   Re: Fish eating turtle food.

Hahaha that's toooo funny. I have the opposite problem. My turtles eat all the fish food! Feed your turtles Out of tank. Problem solved!
1 Male Mississippi Map/Mississippi
1 Female RES/Slidy.
1 DBT White Concentric Female/ Lucky
1 DBT Male/ Spots
(Housed in the same tank)

300 gallon indoor stock tank, FX6 & FX5 filters. Mega-Ray 100w UVB bulb.
Kansasslider

Post Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:23 am   Re: Fish eating turtle food.

How many fish do you have? Maybe you can use a net to chase them away.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:04 pm   Re: Fish eating turtle food.

Kansasslider wrote:Hahaha that's toooo funny. I have the opposite problem. My turtles eat all the fish food! Feed your turtles Out of tank. Problem solved!

My turtles do the same thing, especially with the algae wafers I drop in for the Pleco. I would feed them outside of their tank but I normally feed them in the morning before I leave so I don't have much time.

steve wrote:How many fish do you have? Maybe you can use a net to chase them away.

The only issue is with a feeder fish that has gotten really big in the past few months. It is about 4 inches now and can swallow the food whole. My turtles have gotten lazy lately and the fish takes advantage of that.
cruising_37

Return to Other Turtle Discussion