Other Turtle Discussion :: tunes for the turt

Non-care related topics here.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 1:27 am   tunes for the turt

When our RES is feeding he is in the alternate tank in the living room with us. He watches the news and sports.
He is very sensitive to sounds. We believe he knows different voices.
His regular tank is in the office next to the computer so we clipped a small speaker to the top of the tank and turn on tunes for him sometimes. He has become a fan of the 80's. Tonights selection is Sinatra though. He sits in the leaves with his head sticking out of the water and sways his body. He goes swimming between songs.
He is so cute to watch.
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
soomc

Post Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 1:53 pm   

They're hearing isn't all that great (they have fully-developed hearing systems, but no opening like we have ears), but they are supposed to hear lower tones better than high ones. They're very sensitive to vibrations, though.

They're eyesight is very keen, however, especially for distance (and they see the colors we do), so I think the movement on the TV would interest them. One of my turtles took a real liking to watching skiers going down the long ski jump during the Winter Olympics. :)
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 2:39 pm   Computer

My turtle got mezmerized by the computer skreen. Wen ever i took her (my last turtle) near the computer skreen she started to run out of my hands for it. I thought maby it was the blinking of the skreen that mezmerized her. My turt also likes to listen to music in my room with me. Very keen little guys.
GouzlanTheAmerican

Return to Other Turtle Discussion