Urgent Care :: please! help!! lost turtle

This is not a substitute for qualified and relevant veterinarian care.
Read this before you post a new topic here.

Post Posted: Sun May 15, 2005 12:42 pm   please! help!! lost turtle

i lost my turtle outside today and i can't find him :( any suggestions on finding him. i have people helping me search right now
jtturtle

Post Posted: Sun May 15, 2005 3:09 pm   

the only thing I can think of is he'll head for water if there is any nearby. Look in hedges, under your porch if you have one. Hope you find him.

How did he get outside?
The things that come to those who wait may be the things that were left by those who got there first - Steven Tyler
jenaero

Post Posted: Sun May 15, 2005 4:04 pm   

rocks, shrubs, leaves... everything. be careful where you step, they blend easily in a natural environment. and hopefully when you do find him, you and your family will take the time and energy in providing a proper and healthy life.
steve
Site Admin

Post Posted: Sun May 15, 2005 4:09 pm   

Yeah, be careful where you step, I misplaced my turtle one time, I set it down so it could walk around outside and looked away to check on the other on for a minuite and couldn't find it, it was about 5 feet away from where I left it, it rounded the corner of the house, I made my nephews freeze where they were and started looking real hard at the grass, I finally found it about 10 minuites later (whew).
STRAYKINGFISHER

Post Posted: Sun May 15, 2005 4:10 pm   

Oh man, good luck on finding the lil' guy :oops: . I have read in another forum of people loosing their turts in their backyard and finding them months later. It is cold or warm where you live right now?
-Kristy
punkiemichelle

Post Posted: Mon May 16, 2005 11:05 am   

Look carefully everywhere. Is the yard enclosed? How big is he? I'd try to make an area with water-- put out a large pan of water near where you saw him last, for example. Make sure the pan has easy access for him to go into the water. Also, put out some smelly food-- something like bits of sardines or tuna packed in water. If he's anywhere around he might be attracted by to the water and smell of the food. Don't give up. Also check with neighbors if you have them close by to see if they've seen him.
Good luck--let us know what happens.
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Mon May 16, 2005 6:08 pm   

THIS IS THE IMFORMATION ON THE TURTLE.HE IS HALF DOLLAR SIZED AND HE ESCAPED FROM MY POND.I STARTED FILLING IT UP FOR THE DAY. THEN I WENT INSIDE AND CAUGHT HIM FIRST SO I PUT HIM IN THE POND . WHILE IT WAS FILLING UP. THEN I WENT INSIDE TO FIND THE OTHER ONE HE HIDES ALOT SO IT TOOK ME 10 MINUTES TO FIND HIM BY THEN THE POOL WAS OVER FLOWING I DIDN'T KNOW IT. WHEN I BROUGHT THE OTHER ONE OUT HE WAS GONE I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR TWO DAYS WITH THE HELP OF FRIENDS. AND THE WEATHER IS WARM RIGHT NOW I LIVE IN FLORIDA GETS IN THEHIGH 70'S.
jtturtle

Post Posted: Mon May 16, 2005 6:13 pm   

It sounds like he got washed out of the pool...Try leaving some of that smelly food around.
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod

Post Posted: Mon May 16, 2005 7:02 pm   

If he knows where the pond is, he may come back to it, he will, more than likely, be looking for water soon, I hope. :D
STRAYKINGFISHER

Post Posted: Tue May 17, 2005 5:15 pm   

thanks for the posts everybody i finally found him in the pan of water i set out. i won't do that again! i only had them outside for uv now i have a light for them.
jtturtle

Post Posted: Tue May 17, 2005 5:17 pm   

Wonderful :D I was wondering if you found him
The things that come to those who wait may be the things that were left by those who got there first - Steven Tyler
jenaero

Post Posted: Tue May 17, 2005 5:29 pm   ohh thank god for you.

Well That is how my turtle died. i lost her about 3 weeks ago outside. I hade the whole neighborhood on the alert if they saw here. I Dug a hole and filled it with water and put a lamp out so she could find it and stay ther. However she never returned :( . I am still on the look for her but i think she is dead bye now. I am so happy to here you found your turtle.
GouzlanTheAmerican

Post Posted: Tue May 17, 2005 7:04 pm   

Hey Gouz, keep hope alive...I've heard of ppl losing their turt in their yard and finding it months later. One person I heard of actually found their turtle 10 months later and it had hibernated over the winter and lived :D
jenaero

Post Posted: Tue May 17, 2005 9:53 pm   Good thinking

Thanx, that has restored new happiness ande hope. It is warm here right now though. And there isnt any water around for her, but i will keep my eyes peeled.
GouzlanTheAmerican

Post Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 3:07 pm   

Jtturtle, glad to hear you tried that pan and that he's back with you again.

GTA, if there's no water around for her, I'd keep that pond full. Also try the smelly food.
marisa
Retired Mod

Next

Return to Urgent Care