My turtle is 8 years old, only 6 inches, for the first like 5 or 6 years of life it lived in a tiny thing, inch of water, no lights. do u think its growth is stunted permanently?
also do u think this turtle is a BOY OR GIRL? pics of tail and claws here:
And if the first few years your turtle didn't get enough nutrition, her growth is stunted.
It's alright, you can provide her with good environment and foods now and that's
what matters
RES - Ramen <f> (51/4") RES - Heine <f> (43/4") Asian Leaf Turtle - unnamed <m> (53/4") measured at Nov 24, 2012 < my turtles' pics >
I agree with the others, it looks like a female! I don't know if the growth is nessacerily stunned. But as long as you take care of her now, she should be okay!
*Kiki & Riri ~ 2 Female RES 5' - I lost Riri * 2 Yellow Bellied Slider - One left * 1 Chinese Golden Thread Turtle - Lost *Yellow ~ Female Malayan Box Turtle *Macho Kitty ~ 12 years male DSH Cat - RIP Feb 2012
~Christi 1.0 RES: Mikey R.I.P. 1.0 Het for Albino Red Tail Boa: Kaa ~adopted out 0.0.1 Northern BTS: Petri ~now a well-loved class pet 1.0 Am. Staff Mix: Brutus R.I.P. 1.0 German Shepherd: Pax 1.0 Husband: Will 0.1 Daughter: Lily