General Care Discussion :: No poop for a week

Taking care of your turtle's overall health.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:42 am   No poop for a week

So Miss Tee is looking fine--eating, (begging for food), playing (with her little plastic lizard) swimming, diving...

but she hasn't pooped in a week! And since I put the heater in (76 degrees) she is not basking as much as she used to..

Also, she is really shedding skin--but I attribute that to the fact that after a-year-and-a-half of crappy care, she is now eating vegetables, got a larger tank..etc., etc., and she is now sloughing off the old stuff. So Im trying to stay calm about that. It's the other thing that has me concerned...

So the question is: Should I be worried about her not pooping? Maybe this is normal? Are there any types of food (cucumber) that would help here?

(Formerly had gravel in her tank, but I got rid of it)

Thanks,
Miss T
~and 3 rescued cats
Miss Tee
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Jan 8, 2011
Location: Philly, USA
Gender: Female

Post Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:32 pm   Re: No poop for a week

If everything else is normal then I think she's fine. My female RES is unpredictable with her poop - she'll eat it too, so I'm sure I'm missing some of it.
User avatar
steve
Site Admin
 
Posts: 31583
Joined: Apr 11, 2005
Location: New York, NY
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:34 pm   Re: No poop for a week

I've never been able to find poop in any of my two turtle tanks. It could be that Miss Tee is pooping and the poop is "gone" by the time you check on her.
Check out my blog at: http://turtleaffairs.wordpress.com/
Tank #1:
~Charlie - 4 inch male RES
Tank #2:
~Charlotte - 6 inch female RES
worldpeace
 
Posts: 611
Joined: Jun 29, 2009
Location: Canada
Gender: Female

Post Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:26 pm   Re: No poop for a week

OK, THX!!!

(I'm trying to clean up the shedding skin by using a water conditioner--adds bacteria and enzymes)
~and 3 rescued cats
Miss Tee
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Jan 8, 2011
Location: Philly, USA
Gender: Female


Return to General Care Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 150 guests