



johnrisky wrote:I think maybe it's the water... too much, my two small turtles are like Salazar, I only put like half the water you have. it's a long way from the bottom to the basking area. the last picture, that position is not comfortable! get half the water out, see if he likes that better? hatchlings aren't that good with swimming.
And for the heater, no need turning it up so much.
justatwinturbo wrote:johnrisky wrote:I think maybe it's the water... too much, my two small turtles are like Salazar, I only put like half the water you have. it's a long way from the bottom to the basking area. the last picture, that position is not comfortable! get half the water out, see if he likes that better? hatchlings aren't that good with swimming.
And for the heater, no need turning it up so much.
There is no such thing as too much water, for trachemys of any size. If anything, there isnt enough water, hatchlings are fantastic swimmers as long as you dont just drop them in the water, without them being able to take a breath of air. Sliders, typically love as much water as possible. I have found hatchlings in 30+ feet of water in the wild, far away from any shoreline. They do not need anything to cling on to, they can regulate their own buoyancy.
Return to General Care Discussion
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 185 guests