General Care Discussion :: St Pete, FL area vet

Taking care of your turtle's overall health.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:56 pm   St Pete, FL area vet

I've checked all the lists on line to find a good turtle vet. I think I picked one, but does anyone in my area (Tampa bay area) know of a really good turtle vet so I'm not shooting in the dark? Thanks!
Leisl
Max- Lab mix
Wally- Shar pei mix
Sugar and Candy -my first suggies
Turtlette (Sweet Girl)-RES
Fibonacci-the golden mystery snail
sillyleisl
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Jul 31, 2007
Location: Tampa Bay, FL

Post Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:41 pm   

I've never taken my turtles to the vet so I don't know. You could just call the vets around the area and ask.

I don't know if they do but I take my animals to Connechusett Animal Hospital (813) 985-1789. They are very good. You should call them and if they don't you should ask if they know of a good vet in the area that does. ^-^
2 cats: Momiji and Kenzie
1 RES: Mikey
User avatar
moonfaerie
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Aug 27, 2007
Location: Tampa, Florida

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:34 am   

I've heard of them! A former coworker takes her dog there. Thanks!
Leisl
Max- Lab mix
Wally- Shar pei mix
Sugar and Candy -my first suggies
Turtlette (Sweet Girl)-RES
Fibonacci-the golden mystery snail
sillyleisl
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Jul 31, 2007
Location: Tampa Bay, FL

Post Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:47 am   

Have you taken a look at the vet list on Austin's Turtle Page? Try to find one that is a member of ARAV, at least you'll know that they've taken a particular interest in reptile care. See if any vets in your area have websites, often that'll tell you what they specialize in.
Napoleon - Western Painted Turtle
Apollo - Eastern Box Turtle
Moxie - Painted Turtle Mutt
RIP Hercules

Katie

I heart my herpies!
User avatar
Starchick
 
Posts: 1399
Joined: Jan 3, 2007
Location: central NY


Return to General Care Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 354 guests