General Care Discussion :: What's up with that?

Taking care of your turtle's overall health.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:44 pm   What's up with that?

Ok, I'm not even sure if this is in the right category, but my turtle seems to be trying chin ups. lol. Anyone else have any ideas?

Image

Zoe's workout. lol
christu
 
Posts: 82
Joined: May 25, 2008
Location: Mississippi, USA

Post Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:46 pm   

careful, i've heard of turtle's heads getting stuck behind those bars and drowning D:

i'd flip the bar around and put the long end of it out of the water so he can't wedge his head in it.


cute turtle by the way
^_^
2 RES- Squirtle and Blastoise
6 dogs- Max Cooper Abby, Oscar, Sparky, Reebok
1 White's Tree Frog
1 Tiger Salamander- Remington
1 Hamster- Rhino
User avatar
xfueledbykatie
 
Posts: 649
Joined: Mar 16, 2008
Location: MPLS, Minnesota!

Post Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:47 pm   

RES are notorious for always trying to fit into small areas, I don't know why. When I had that kind of dock mine always squeezed inbetween the glass and the braces too.
Tracie
1 2yr male RES Buddy
1 fat female cat Missy
1 fluffy male cat Joey
1 husband Kyle
http://s247.photobucket.com/albums/gg160/RESnTX/
RESnTX
 
Posts: 534
Joined: Feb 3, 2008
Location: Houston, Tx

Post Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:51 pm   

Thanks for the comment.

The first time I saw it, I thought she was stuck. I quickly rushed to check on her, but she slipped right out. And now even, she's trying to fit in between the vertical bar and the glass.

Thanks for your fast replies.
christu
 
Posts: 82
Joined: May 25, 2008
Location: Mississippi, USA

Post Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:05 pm   

I've heard of them getting stuck too. As fueled said, you can flip the dock around so the bar is at the top, plus remove the bottom suction cups. That way she'll be safe :)
­Ralpheal, "The 'L' is silent."
Frankie, "Young at heart."
User avatar
BullDog
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3889
Joined: Jun 21, 2006
Location: BC, Canada

Post Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:09 pm   

I eventually had to remove the bottom cups too. I shoulda said that earlier. That's why I went to the cork bark dock.
Tracie
1 2yr male RES Buddy
1 fat female cat Missy
1 fluffy male cat Joey
1 husband Kyle
http://s247.photobucket.com/albums/gg160/RESnTX/
RESnTX
 
Posts: 534
Joined: Feb 3, 2008
Location: Houston, Tx

Post Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:58 am   

RESnTX can you post a pix of your cork bark. please?
2 boys
2 dogs
2 cats
2 RES
2 happy to be a MOM
Just Jule
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Feb 21, 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Post Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:23 am   

Here is a link to plenty of good basking area pictures. Mine is in there too.
http://www.redearslider.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15260
Tracie
1 2yr male RES Buddy
1 fat female cat Missy
1 fluffy male cat Joey
1 husband Kyle
http://s247.photobucket.com/albums/gg160/RESnTX/
RESnTX
 
Posts: 534
Joined: Feb 3, 2008
Location: Houston, Tx

Post Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:34 pm   

Both my turtles do that - they cant fit behind it anymore but they like to sleep kindof ontop of it - - i stuck something behind it so they cant get stuck even if they could fit - - but both my turtles love sitting there
starscollided
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Feb 18, 2008
Location: Southern Connecticut

Post Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:38 pm   

Crush sleeps and likes to sit wedged between the glass and the plants in his veggie clip. I don't know why though...
*Kat

Bala Sharks- three unnamed
Cats- Oreo & Lola
Goldfish- Spot, Brain
RES- Crush
Dragon Eel- Muffins II
VanishingReality
 
Posts: 308
Joined: Feb 19, 2008


Return to General Care Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 242 guests