General Care Discussion :: painted4life

Taking care of your turtle's overall health.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:24 pm   painted4life

What temp do you keeper your turtles at?
2 - RES
-Slider 5.5" male
-Luckie 5"
1- eastern painted turtle - Anubis 5.25"
1- southern painted turtle - AmunRa 2.5"
1- northern dbt - Tiki 4"
1- concentric northern dbt - Isis 5"
2 - DSH cats Spike and Grim
tammi
 
Posts: 436
Joined: Jun 7, 2009

Post Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:32 pm   

tam-i -- I try and keep mine between 75 and 77. If they are larger I tend toward the 75, the smaller I tend toward 77. The basking is also important temp and that I keep at 90 to 91 degrees. It is important to have a accurate themometer. I use a digital with a probe to check on the temps. m.
mikee
 
Posts: 1396
Joined: Nov 4, 2007

Post Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:36 pm   

I'm wanting to know for the painted turtles.
2 - RES
-Slider 5.5" male
-Luckie 5"
1- eastern painted turtle - Anubis 5.25"
1- southern painted turtle - AmunRa 2.5"
1- northern dbt - Tiki 4"
1- concentric northern dbt - Isis 5"
2 - DSH cats Spike and Grim
tammi
 
Posts: 436
Joined: Jun 7, 2009

Post Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:37 pm   

Southern Painteds are a warm water species and are the only painted species that does not hibernate. I kept the water at 78- 82 degress F
Instagram: Diamondbacks4Life
User avatar
Diamondbacks4Life
Moderator
 
Posts: 2349
Joined: Apr 4, 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:40 pm   

Awesome thanks!
2 - RES
-Slider 5.5" male
-Luckie 5"
1- eastern painted turtle - Anubis 5.25"
1- southern painted turtle - AmunRa 2.5"
1- northern dbt - Tiki 4"
1- concentric northern dbt - Isis 5"
2 - DSH cats Spike and Grim
tammi
 
Posts: 436
Joined: Jun 7, 2009

Post Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:13 pm   

Tam-i I have ybs, painted and res. I keep them at the same temp. My painted and res are in one tank and they do well. My painted are midland sliders.
mikee
 
Posts: 1396
Joined: Nov 4, 2007


Return to General Care Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 311 guests