I am new to turtles & currently setting up for the new arrival of two baby red eared sliders! Yay!
We just bought a 29-gallon tank to start with while they are still small; we are getting a submersible filter & have already gotten a heat lamp to rig up above where we want the basking area to be. Also of course we want to get wood, rock or a plastic store bought thing for the out of water basking area. Haven’t decided on what yet as there are so many choices!!
Any ideas on what's the best or what works for you?
A friend gave us TONS of colorful gravel rocks (neon) to put into the tank however I’m not sure if it is safe but my husband loves it & says that there are rocks/gravel in nature so it shouldn’t be a problem. What do you think? Will the turtles eat it & possibly choke?? Or are the neon colored ones poison in any way? They shouldn't be because my friend had used them for her fish & they were fine but who knows!!
I think that is it for now but I’m sure I’ll have tons more questions in the near future!!
Thanx!





