General Care Discussion :: Does the turtle tuff light have the UV RES need?

Taking care of your turtle's overall health.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:36 pm   Does the turtle tuff light have the UV RES need?

Does anyone know? I asked an employee at Petsmart and they were not sure because the box did not say.
byron
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Nov 12, 2009

Post Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:39 pm   

It doesn't produce UVB, it's just a splash-proof halogen lamp.
User avatar
steve
Site Admin
 
Posts: 31583
Joined: Apr 11, 2005
Location: New York, NY
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:35 pm   Re: Does the turtle tuff light have the UV RES need?

byron wrote:Does anyone know? I asked an employee at Petsmart and they were not sure because the box did not say.

That's the first light i bought my first turtles thinking i was doing "the right thing" then i learned about UVB.
User avatar
jozzep
 
Posts: 1497
Joined: Feb 24, 2008
Location: West Orange,NJ

Post Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:14 am   

FWIW, I like halogen bulbs for basking. They produce a nice warm light and a lot of heat. I pick up the GE kind (made for outdoors) and they last roughly 4 months.
User avatar
steve
Site Admin
 
Posts: 31583
Joined: Apr 11, 2005
Location: New York, NY
Gender: Male


Return to General Care Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 317 guests