General Care Discussion :: Drinking

Taking care of your turtle's overall health.

Post Posted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:39 am   Drinking

Hey guys, my turtle is sick and the vet gave me antibiotics (Baytril) and told me to administer them via orally. I am aware that turtles cannot swallow food outside of water, however can they swallow fluids? I.e. can they drink outside of water? I am basically getting my turtle to bite down on something like a thin piece of wood, and while he does that I use a dropper-type instrument to secrete the antibiotic solution into his semi-open mouth. I am just afraid that he can't actually swallow it and I'm just choking the poor guy. Thanks a lot in advance!
magicqiang
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Jul 8, 2010

Post Posted: Tue May 22, 2012 2:15 am   Re: Drinking

I don't see why they wouldn't be able to drink through an oral syringe. Are you still in contact with the vet?
User avatar
steve
Site Admin
 
Posts: 31583
Joined: Apr 11, 2005
Location: New York, NY
Gender: Male


Return to General Care Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 222 guests