General Care Discussion :: Which is better?

Taking care of your turtle's overall health.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:52 pm   Which is better?

Is it better to use tap water treated with conditioner or RODI water when it comes to turtles?
User avatar
AquaticLuv
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Oct 8, 2012

Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:30 pm   Re: Which is better?

I would lean towards RODI, but tap water with carbon filter media is recommended.
User avatar
steve
Site Admin
 
Posts: 31583
Joined: Apr 11, 2005
Location: New York, NY
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:25 pm   Re: Which is better?

Thanks Steve ... When I filled up the tank, I used tap with conditioner. But, to top off, I use RODI. That water evaporates fast ! I just didn't know if the tap had stuff in it that benefits them or not.
User avatar
AquaticLuv
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Oct 8, 2012

Post Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:21 am   Re: Which is better?

Most municipal tap water sources are safe, but we do not recommend water conditioners because they can be harmful to aquatic life. There are probably minerals and elements in tap water that are beneficial.
User avatar
steve
Site Admin
 
Posts: 31583
Joined: Apr 11, 2005
Location: New York, NY
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:06 pm   Re: Which is better?

Good to know. I will keep doing what I'm doing than. I think mixing the 2 helps not having that ring around the tank.
User avatar
AquaticLuv
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Oct 8, 2012


Return to General Care Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 163 guests