General Care Discussion :: Need filtration recommendation

Taking care of your turtle's overall health.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:42 am   Need filtration recommendation

I have a 55 gallon turtle tank with an AC110 currently running on it. The filter does fine with keeping the water clean/clear but with a HOB model and the slightly lower water level I have to listen to the constant flow of the water into the tank.

Would I be better off hooking up my C360 and keeping the intake/outtake tubes submersed to eliminate the noise?? Would this canister be sufficient by itself or do I need to go with an FX5 or FX6?? I am not sure if the FX series would even fit into a standard 55 gallon aquarium stand - anyone know if it will

Please let me know what you all think I should do. I already have the C360 so of course this would be the cheapest option but I want to make sure it will be sufficient by itself.

My two turtles are just babys right now but there waste output as adults will be worse that the largest Oscars Im sure.

Any advice.

Thanks
User avatar
L.West
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Mar 25, 2014
Gender: Female

Post Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:04 am   Re: Need filtration recommendation

The c 360 should be fine. The Fx measures approximately 22" tall and 14" wide.
1 Male Mississippi Map/Mississippi
1 Female RES/Slidy.
1 DBT White Concentric Female/ Lucky
1 DBT Male/ Spots
(Housed in the same tank)

300 gallon indoor stock tank, FX6 & FX5 filters. Mega-Ray 100w UVB bulb.
User avatar
Kansasslider
 
Posts: 3043
Joined: May 10, 2012
Location: Manhattan,Kansas.
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:16 pm   Re: Need filtration recommendation

Yeah I did some checking to find out that the FX5 or FX6 both would be too large to fit inside my 55 gallon tank stand. I guess I will use the C360 that I already have.

Thanks for responding.
User avatar
L.West
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Mar 25, 2014
Gender: Female

Post Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:45 pm   Re: Need filtration recommendation

Your welcome.
1 Male Mississippi Map/Mississippi
1 Female RES/Slidy.
1 DBT White Concentric Female/ Lucky
1 DBT Male/ Spots
(Housed in the same tank)

300 gallon indoor stock tank, FX6 & FX5 filters. Mega-Ray 100w UVB bulb.
User avatar
Kansasslider
 
Posts: 3043
Joined: May 10, 2012
Location: Manhattan,Kansas.
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:02 am   Re: Need filtration recommendation

I recently purchased the FX6 for my 55 gallon aquarium. It fits under my stand, but it is tight. I have to manuever it so that the motor sits a certain way so my door can close.
Rickiew04
 
Posts: 217
Joined: Jan 23, 2007
Location: Michigan
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:19 pm   Re: Need filtration recommendation

This the old Aquar Clear modification: viewtopic.php?t=1405

Rickiew04, how is it working out? Any other issues?
User avatar
steve
Site Admin
 
Posts: 31583
Joined: Apr 11, 2005
Location: New York, NY
Gender: Male


Return to General Care Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 155 guests