General Care Discussion :: darkening red ears

Taking care of your turtle's overall health.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:52 pm   darkening red ears

While I was moisturizing my turtles shells I noticed that one of my turtles "ears" are going black. I know its normal for growing RES to get darker as they age, but is it normal for a young RES to randomly get darker in just one area of their skin? its just her red ears that are going black and I'm a little concerned.. She is maybe about 1 1/2 years old and her shell is 5 inches.
kodai_ponyo
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Oct 25, 2011
Location: Arizona
Gender: Female

Post Posted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:22 am   Re: darkening red ears

Can you post a picture? What are you using to moisturize (which likely isn't necessary)?
User avatar
steve
Site Admin
 
Posts: 31583
Joined: Apr 11, 2005
Location: New York, NY
Gender: Male


Return to General Care Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 223 guests