Well I just got my turtles two days ago (they're all 10+ years old, so all adults), the smallest being the male, along with three females, one 11-12 inches (which I think has eggs in her, from neverending swimming and clawing at glass). I'm planning on making a nest area, unfortunetely the biggest container I could find is only about 1.5x to 2x her size, and what should I do if she rejects the site?
Just did a partial water change a few hours ago, and left the turtles alone, when I came back to check up on them a few minutes ago, the male was vibrating his claws in another female's face. Looks like the female has been swinging her head away (maybe to prevent from being hit). Well the female ran away and has been swimming in circles away from the male, the male still chasing her now (been about 10 minutes since I've been watching, but don't know how long this has been going on since earlier today). Did she reject him, or will she give up and give the goods later? How long does this go on, and how will I know the female rejected the male (unless they never say no).
Also, how many times in a year, do turtles mate, or how many times can a male mate in a year, as well as females, unlimited?
Would be a little troublesome if I found out all my females had eggs within a matter of days of recieving my turtles.
Again, even now, the female is being chased around the tank by the male, and the male is still vibrating his claws, how long will this go on, and what could it mean? Thanks.
EDIT: Looks like they stopped...for now. The female chased and snapped back at the male for a bit, then he gave up, but he will probably try again, right?


