Habitat - Indoor :: How does the ATBA stay on top

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:37 am   How does the ATBA stay on top

of your tank with out falling off ?
Please excuse any spelling and/or grammatical errors. I'm dyslexic.I do my best!
User avatar
joeybsmooth
 
Posts: 1739
Joined: Apr 19, 2008
Location: South Carolina

Post Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:02 am   

In my case, the ATBA is wider than the widthof the tank, so it rests on the tank frame. Other people use the support strut in the middle of the tank as the place to rest it. I use black duct tape to secure it around the perimeter, because I want the option to remove it, but silicone would work too.
2 RES-Sparky M 6.0 and Spike F 9.0
1 Beardie- F Nubbin
1 Pictus Gecko- F Necko
6 Fire Bellied Toads-3 M 3 F
User avatar
scripta_elegans
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1938
Joined: Jul 30, 2006
Location: Iowa

Post Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:15 am   

I don't have one of those things in the middle things , do you think if I put a bigger ATBA on top it will still stay stable .
Please excuse any spelling and/or grammatical errors. I'm dyslexic.I do my best!
User avatar
joeybsmooth
 
Posts: 1739
Joined: Apr 19, 2008
Location: South Carolina

Post Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:40 am   

If you make the ATBA just slightly wider than the width of the tank, it will sit on the frame to support it. I am unsure how it would work if it didn't sit on the tank frame.
2 RES-Sparky M 6.0 and Spike F 9.0
1 Beardie- F Nubbin
1 Pictus Gecko- F Necko
6 Fire Bellied Toads-3 M 3 F
User avatar
scripta_elegans
Senior Member
 
Posts: 1938
Joined: Jul 30, 2006
Location: Iowa

Post Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:36 pm   

My tanks have the black framing that has a lip or edge for tank hoods. I build my ATBAs to fit in there.
I build acrylic ATBAs.
Rubicon
 
Posts: 664
Joined: Jul 7, 2008
Location: Fort Bragg, NC.
Gender: Male


Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 70 guests